2024 Course Information Unavailable, please check back for updates.
2023 Course Information
Below is the 2023 course schedule. Keep in mind the 2023 will has eleven in person days with two of them being field trips.
Week One in-person classes run from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on each day. Field trips may have other schedules. Breaks are scheduled in the morning and afternoon, and a continental breakfast is available before class on each class day. On-line modules are completed at your own pace with full completion required by November 1, 2023.
Week One • In-person on Mines Campus
- Day 1 :: Course overview; PE basics and general industry overview
- Day 2 :: Rock and fluid properties
- Day 3 :: Geologic concepts
- Day 4 :: Drilling
- Day 5 :: Engineering field trip
- Day 6 :: Geology field trip
Week Two • In-person on Mines Campus
- Day 7 :: Logging
- Day 8 :: Completions/Stimulation
- Day 9 :: Production Engineering (Nodal Analysis and Artificial Lift)
- Day 10 :: Reservoir Engineering
- Day 11 :: Reservoir Engineering and Economics
Online study • 18 3-hour modules
- Exploration concepts (1 module)
- Geomechanics (1 module)
- Reservoir simulation (2 modules)
- Pressure transient analysis (1 module)
- Surface facilities (1 module)
- Data analytics (1 module)